Narrator: Harley Reese
Published by Ronin Robot Press on 26 October 2016
Length: 5 hrs and 58 mins
Genres: Biography & Autobiography (no longer accepting)
Source: Publisher, Submitted
Buy from Audible Buy from Amazon.comAdd to Goodreads
From Mel White, author of Stranger at the Gate: To be Gay and Christian in America:
In Two Pews from Crazy, the author takes us on a painful but always hopeful spiritual journey that made me think of Pilgrim's Progress. Each time this lesbian Christian pastor nears the "Celestial City", there's another "Slough of Despond". "Valley of Humiliation", or "River of Death" to cross.
It's a kind of miracle that Reverend Cyd is still standing after being born a female in a male dominated culture, after accepting her sexual orientation in the homophobic South, after refusing to renounce her call to ministry in a Christian community that forbids women clergy, after adopting a child, and after losing three different partners and suffering through spiritual and emotional abuse as a pastor.
Cyd has a great sense of humor. The chapters are short. Her story is honest, frank, easy to follow, and never dull. And though her journey is sometimes painful, it is also a celebration of god's presence and power in the life of a lesbian Christian pastor who never stops believing that god loves her and is with her every step of the way.
Hearing Cyd's story reminded me that god loves me, too, and is with me on my own sometimes painful journey. If you need to be reminded of the Holy Spirit's presence and power in your life, just sit down next to Reverend Cyd just two pews from crazy, and enjoy.
©2016 Cynthia Andrews-Looper (P)2016 Ronin Robot Press
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day April 25, 2017 - April 25, 2017
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day April 18, 2017 - April 18, 2017
- Featured: Atacama Red: A Pablo Nelson Mystery by William Graham - April 13, 2017
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day April 11, 2017 - April 11, 2017
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day April 4, 2017 - April 4, 2017