Narrator: Julia Farmer
Series: Seed Savers #1
on 25 April 2017
Length: 4 hrs and 4 mins
Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Buy from Audible Buy from Amazon.comAdd to Goodreads
Two kids, two bikes, and an idea they can change their world.
It's 2077. There's no apocalypse, but some things are different. Things like the weather, the Internet, and food. In 12-year-old Clare's world, blueberry is just a flavor and apples are found only in fairy tales.
Then one day Clare meets Ana, an older woman who teaches her about seeds and real food. Ana tempts Clare with the notion that food exists other than the square, packaged food she has always known. With Ana's guidance, Clare and her friends learn about seeds and gardening despite suspicions that such actions are illegal.
When the authorities discover the children's forbidden tomato plant and arrest their mother, Clare and her brother flee. Clare has heard of a place called The Garden State and with their bikes, a little money, and backpacks, the children begin a lonely cross-country journey that tests them both physically and spiritually. Will they succeed in their quest to find a place of food freedom? And can they, only children, help change the world?
Treasure is a gentle dystopian, frightening only is the possibility that we may not be far from the future it paints. First in a five book series.
©2012 Sandra L. Smith (P)2017 Sandra L. Smith
- Featured: Black Magic by Russell James - August 16, 2017
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day August 15, 2017 - August 15, 2017
- Featured Series: The New Dead by T. W. Brown - August 14, 2017
- Horror, SciFi, Thriller and More Audiobook Release Day August 8, 2017 - August 8, 2017
- Featured: Home is Where the Horror Is by CV Hunt - August 5, 2017