Narrator: Shamaan Casey
Series: Tales From a Revolution Series #9
Published by Self Published / Indie on 17 January 2019
Length: 5 hrs and 19 mins
Buy from Audible Buy from Amazon.com
What does liberty mean for a freedman?
Calabar was brought from Africa to North Carolina as a boy and sold on the docks as chattel property to a plantation owner. On the plantation, he learned the intricacies of indigo production, fell in love, and started a family.
Abruptly released from bondage, he must find his way in a society that has no place for him, but which is itself struggling with the threat of British domination. Reeling from personal griefs, and drawn into the chaos of the Revolution, Calabar knows that the wrong moves could cost him his freedom - and that of the nation.
The Freedman is Hedbor’s standalone novel set in North Carolina from his Tales From a Revolution series, in which he examines the American War of Independence as it unfolded in each of the colonies. If you like enthralling stories of familiar events from unfamiliar viewpoints, you’ll love The Freedman.
Grab your copy of The Freedman today, and experience the American Revolution as a personal journey of discovery.
©2018 Lars D. H. Hedbor (P)2019 Lars D. H. Hedbor
- The Enigma Broker by Breakfield and Burkey - June 11, 2019
- Neccabashar by Vee James - May 29, 2019
- Stone Hard: The Infinity Brigade, #2 by Andrew Beery - April 9, 2019
- Out of Darkness by Lawrence Gold - April 1, 2019
- Featured: The Survivors (A Glen Haven Tale Book 1) by Michael Breakfield - February 12, 2019