Narrator: Shamaan Casey
Series: Star Legions #4
on 17 December 2018
Length: 7 hrs and 34 mins
Genres: Science Fiction
Buy from Audible Buy from Amazon.com
The Black Legion has vanquished every army and fleet sent against it, yet now this invincible Legion is in full retreat as it races away from the Emperor’s wrath. They gambled all on a single decisive battle and with it lost everything.
With victory against the Emperor now impossible, the Legion finds itself lacking purpose and money. They came to the Empire with promises of glory and reward, but now they are trapped and surrounded on all sides by enemies. The massacre of the Legion’s officer corps leaves it vulnerable, and it falls to warriors like Xenophon to hold back their desire for revenge and to put them on a path home.
The God King Artaxerxes is no fool, and he knows he cannot let a massive Terran fleet make its way through his domain unchallenged. To do so would encourage dissent in his already weakened empire. He may have fought off his brother, Lord Cyrus, but the threat of revolt is ever near. Mobilizing forces from every corner of the Empire, he throws them all at the Legion under the command of his trusted lieutenant Tissaphernes.
Last Stand is the fourth book in the Star Legions series from Michael G. Thomas, the best-selling author of the Star Crusades series, previously published as the Black Legion series.
©2018 Michael G. Thomas (P)2018 Swordworks
- Featured: The Survivors (A Glen Haven Tale Book 1) by Michael Breakfield - February 12, 2019
- Featured: Master of Hounds (Pickmen Files Book 1) by C. Steven Manley - January 29, 2019
- Black Soul Rising: From the Taldano Files by S. A. Ison - January 24, 2019
- Featured: The Freedman (Tales From a Revolution Series – North Carolina Book 9) by Lars D. H. Hedbor - January 23, 2019
- Featured: Why She Left Us by David Dennis - January 15, 2019