This Week’s Question:
Have you ever been inspired by a book character to do something? Who was the character and what was it?
Wow this is a question that I hope makes people really think, now I mean really think. My first thought was “No, of course not”, “It was a whole book”. Then I came to realize that yes there was a single character for an audiobook that inspired me to do something.
It was Grant Matson from The Preparation (299 Days Book 1) by Glen Tate. He went from a kid of the poorest type of family to a successful lawyer to a doomsday prepper. He inspired me to be more prepared for the hard times. I now grow as much of my own food as possible and to preserve it by canning. Definitely not a full blown prepper but totally getting things in order, just in case.
I can’t wait to hear the ways everyone else has been inspired by fictional characters!! This is why we read!
Just for fun the linky is below.
- The Enigma Broker by Breakfield and Burkey - June 11, 2019
- Neccabashar by Vee James - May 29, 2019
- Stone Hard: The Infinity Brigade, #2 by Andrew Beery - April 9, 2019
- Out of Darkness by Lawrence Gold - April 1, 2019
- Featured: The Survivors (A Glen Haven Tale Book 1) by Michael Breakfield - February 12, 2019